Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Three Companions

I now have three companions... err well, it is kinda like four books, but who's counting anyway...



I'm really busy lately, lots of work, lots of travel, wedding plans, honeymoon plans, pretty much every day since Jan 1st has been a sprint... as a result of my insanity this will be a very brief post...

My last several blog posts have described how much fun I had playing through the X2 Castle Amber adventure. As a side effect I've really fallen in love with the B/X version of our favorite game. I'm working on continuing a Skype game using B/X rules and making it a "short" campaign.

Reading over what has been published for "basic DnD" over the years I got really interested in the "companion" editions that have been published and what they could do to augment the game. I started by purchasing the B/X companion by JB over at BX Blackrazor. Then I purchased the Companion Expansion by the Barrataria guys. Finally, I decided to purchase the Frank Mentzer Companion books off Amazon. I don't think there are any other companion editions out there now... he, he, he...

I've been reading them and I like different things about each. I'm planing to discuss this more soon... in a series of posts describing how I can combine them to create the perfect melody of companion goodness!!!! Stay tuned - it will in fact be as awesome as these three guys down here:

1 comment: