Sunday, September 8, 2013

Daggerford Wilderness Sandbox



After the TPK of the Forgotten Realms, Whitebox, Blades of Daggerford Campaign (which lasted exactly 2 hours, on 1 fateful afternoon), my players decided to make an Elf and a Druid.

Since these characters will be less tied to civilization, I think I'm going to run the beginning of this campaign as a wilderness sandbox based around the home of Elorfindar Floshin, just north of Daggerford.

I'm found this City of Splendors Web Enhancement by Eric Boyd.  In this document he goes into better detail about several nice adventure hooks for use in the Daggerford area.  

So I'm planning to start the elf out as one of the sons of Lord Floshin, and have the druid arrive at the keep for a meeting/assignment.  The Druids of the Misty Forest are combining forces with the remnants of the elves in the area to determine what forces have been mustering evil in the Ardeep forest and Illefarn Mountain Areas.

Ardeep Forest Points of Interest:

Crypts
of
the
Deepening
Moon
(ruin)
Dancing
Dell
Glen
of
Aloevan
Green
Glade
House
of
Long
Silences
(ruin)
House
of
Stone
(ruin)
Nandar
Lodge
(ruin)
Phylund
Hunting
Lodge
(fort)
Reluraun’s
Tomb
(ruin)
Floshin
Estates
Harpshield
Lands
Dungeon
of
the
Shield
Talmost
Lands
Talmost
Keep
(ruin)

To this List I'm adding:

Illefarn Mountain
Laughing Hollow
Lizard Marsh
Bodysnatchers of Daggerford (Yaunti wearing the "skins" of townspeople)
Daggerford Cultists (human demon worshippers working with the Yaunti)
Tower of the Necromancer
Ruin of Dragonspear Castle

At the heart of this sandbox adventure lies the Necromancer, who is currently adventuring in the Ruins of the Dwarven Halls of Illefarn (under Illefarn Adventure).  I've made up a connection between him and the Yaunti - he is using organ transplantation magic to swap Yaunti brains into captured victims from Daggerford.  He will utilizing special vats to prepare undead specimen and hybrid creatures that will haunt his tower.   The necromancer is way too powerful for low level PC's (probably >10th level), but they can probably foil some of his plans without ever meeting him.  His power has been amplified by a artifact given to him by the demonic lords of Dragonspear Castle.

I'm going to be fleshing out some of these locations in my next couple of posts.  I'll try to keep things generic enough to be useful to readers.  That has been my goal since I kicked my blogging back up.  I want to focus a majority of my posts on gaming material for gamers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment