Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Music while RPG'ing and the Hellraiser Soundtrack

I've never been one to find and select music specifically designed for specific adventure sessions, but during playing tabletop games it sometimes makes sense to play some music that matches the mood of the game. I think it helps to keep the players engaged a bit.

I used to play the Braveheart Soundtrack (or Celtic instrumental albums) during a lot of my outdoor games. For dungeon environments I used to put in the Broken album by NIN, or some other crazy industrial or metal album whatever the guys brought with them.

For some reason a ritual was created by my players in my 2nd edition Forgotten Realms campaign. Whenever they went into the "Undermountain" dungeon below the streets of Waterdeep they decided to play the Hellraiser soundtrack. I think it might have had something to do with traps, wandering monsters, and TPK's???

No comments:

Post a Comment