Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Strength

I think my strength has decreased in the last couple of years. Today ~20 inches of heavy snow dropped on my house. I shoveled the back porch while my girlfriend shoveled the driveway. Then I roof-raked, then I shoveled again. That was about 8-10 hours ago - my back is already sore.

I've never pressed weights above my head but I'm guessing that I peaked somewhere around a 16-17 strength (I was able to curl 140 lbs on a curling bar, and bench somewhere around 230lbs). Now - I haven't lifted weights much in ~11 years but I am guessing I have fallen to around a 10-11 strength. I did lift weights a little on a business to Shanghai but that was only for 1 month and it was because I had trouble adjusting to the time zone, so I had to occupy the hours between 4am and 8am with something. During that time I was able to regain some strength, but after returning to the states I let it go again.

I'd like to get back to a 13 at least... lol...good luck. Did I say that winter sucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment